Thursday, March 11, 2010

My First Happy Post :)

I'm full of happiness and food right now.
Finally, I can post about something positive in my life.

Today, my boss, Mandy, took my boyfriend & I out for our birthday dinner.
We went to her friend's restaurant, SUMI (Japanese food.)
& "FRESH" is probably the best word to describe it.

This place is super cute. Tiny, cozy, modern, & sleek.
There was probably only 10-15 small (2 person) tables & the bar seating around 5.
Although it was small, the restaurant had a really nice feel to it.

I love raw fish. & almost everything we ate was raw ><"

First, we started off with some appetizers.


miso soup (non-packaged ones tastes so much better)


simple salad


fish liver wrapped with raw fish topped with miso sauce




fish liver appetizer


uni and ebi nigiri (yummy!)


raw queen clam


deep fried ebi head (light & crunchy, like shrimp chips)




Obama-hama (hamachi & cilantro-- SO GOOD)


salmon with scallop on top


unagi tempura don


self explained


Jack & I


chocolate creme brulee


sweet piggy & angry piggy from Mandy

Just a simple dinner like this can make me forget about the worries in the world.
But then again, who you have dinner with is important too.

I'm so grateful to have been able to meet Mandy :)
Because of her, she has opened many opportunities for me
& I will never forget what she has done for me.

I can't wait until it's her birthday, so I can treat her.

Love me ...
Jini

1 comment:

  1. hey sweetie!
    thanks for entering my giveaway!(:
    To answers your questions, the shirt was bought from HK I believe
    & we sell the bb cream @ our store so it was imported by my cousin(:
    & in my pic, I'm only wearing eyeliner and fake eyelashes
    hope I didn't miss any of your questions^^"


    Happy birthday!!<3
    & oh my, all those food pics are making me hungry! haha

    ReplyDelete